Legal Separations

Guiding and supporting clients through the process of legal separation

The law office of Julia Shalhoup helps clients make vital decisions necessary to accommodate the legal requirements for marital separation.  Attorney Julia Shalhoup has over 17 years of litigation and mediation experience and can help you navigate through almost any family legal crisis.

What terms should be included in a separation agreement?

A separation agreement may be advisable when the parties have very different financial situations, such as when one spouse is the wage earner and the other is a homemaker.  A formal separation agreement can help ensure that all family members' needs will be met.

The terms of such separation agreements vary, but usually address the following topical concerns:

  • The spouses' right to live separately
  • Custody of the children
  • A parenting plan
  • Child support
  • Alimony or spousal support
  • The children's expenses (medical, dental, educational and recreational)
  • Property and debt division
  • Insurance (medical, dental and life)
  • Income taxes

Get the legal advice you need to separate.  Call (304) 345-4455.

If you need solid legal advice and representation regarding legal separations, contact a West Virginia family lawyer at (304) 345-4455, or fill out our online contact form.

From offices in Charleston, we represent clients throughout West Virginia, including Charleston, Hurricane, Winfield, Madison, Elkview, Ripley, Beckley, Hamlin, and Spencer, and Putnam, Kanawha, Boone, Lincoln, Jackson, Roane, Cabell, Clay, and Raleigh counties.

Quick Contact


Attorney Advertising. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
[ Site Map ] [ Bookmark Us ]

See our profile at or